Despite the changes of ownership, improvements continued to be made to the facilities.
In the early years of the last century “rolling” of the cricket field needed a horse and two men: a sharpening stone for the scythe cost tuppence in 1908 while in 1912, a lawnmower was purchased for £10-00.
On the 18th January 1905, the Club Committee could not decide whether to develop the pitch or build a pavilion but eventually they planned a for ground extensions which took place over the next six years. In 1906, the cost was £26-70, while in 1907 £6-50 was paid for an extension of 9 x 27 metres (10 x 30 yards). The digging out of the bankside of the field added 1086 m2 (1300 sq yards) for the 1909 season. Smaller extensions were added for the 1910 and 1911 seasons.
During this period, a decision as made on the 16th May 1907 to build a pavilion. To finance the ground and building developments it was resolved on t30th October 1908 “that the sum of £100 to be loaned from various gentlemen in the sum of £5 or multiple thereof at 5% per annum”. However, by December of that year, the Secretary reported that the appeal for funds “was very poor” and on the 21st January 1909 it was decided that a loan of £50 be obtained from the London& Provincial Bank.
By August 1912 the bank overdraft for the pitch and pavilion extensions exceeded the amount guaranteed and bills amounting to 320 had not been paid. Mr Robert Graham (later General Manager of the Ebbw Vale Company) offered to underwrite the debt and appealed to members to pay their subscriptions. This after presenting the team with his photograph (1).